- The veterans who have come home from war in Iraq, Afghanistan, the war on terror, military campaigns arising from the tragic events of September 11, 2001 and other military conflicts around the world are disabled because they put their lives on the line for Freedom’s cause.
- These men and women of our Armed Forces – Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force – joined their units, companies and battalions whole. Because of rockets, grenades, mortars, landmines, improved explosive devices and insurgent sharpshooters, countless ground troops, troops riding in Humvees and more have became disabled and are now not able to attain the resources they need to buy a home.
- These homes for our troops, veterans, need to be handicap accessible and barrier free homes. This is the mission that Homes For Veterans has undertaken – to modify homes for veterans.
The Painful Facts of Fighting For Freedom – Which is Never Free:
- Explosions, grenades tearing through armored military Humvees and more have burned and maimed countless soldiers, many of whom will not leave their comrades in arms until everyone is out. Excessive burns, blindness, loss of fingers, hands, arms, legs, feet, shrapnel wounds, and more have left these noble soldiers and their lives changed forever.
- Many of these veterans spend months in medically induced comas so their bodies can begin to heal; then countless more months in painful therapy – being fitted with new limbs– learning the basics all over again such as how to walk, how to run, how to speak, how home to their families, loved ones, wives and children.
- Having to live in a home where just moving around the kitchen or taking a shower is a huge struggle is difficult and completely unnecessary.
- Home For Veterans is dedicated to modifying the homes of veteran. Your donation to our military charity will allow them the dignity of living independently.